Where is the Bell District?
- Corridor of Bell Boulevard (US 183) between Park Street and Buttercup Creek Boulevard/Brushy Creek Road
- 52 acres total – 40 acres for mixed-use development and 12 acres for developing the Buttercup Creek Natural Area into a park
- Multi-phase project, with improvements to span a 20-year period
- Home to the City’s new Library
- Phase One: Voter-approved street bond-funded realignment of the highway east that open initial 28 acres (approx.) for mixed-use development, development of Buttercup Creek Natural Area into a park.
- Phase Two: Development of the remaining acres of mixed-use development
One major component of the Bell Boulevard redevelopment is the realignment of Bell Boulevard itself. The roadwork sets the stage for the redevelopment to begin. Here is how it will work: